Top 5 Reasons Why Your Dog Needs a Dog Walker in Bel Air
Updated: Oct 7, 2020
Truth be told, I may be a little biased but hiring a dog walker provides wonderful benefits for your canine pal but also for you! Below are the top FIVE reasons hiring a dog walker is so important.
1. Exercise –An estimated 56 to 60% of dogs and cats in the US are overweight according to the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention. Many pets develop medical issues directly attributable to their weight. Providing your dog with the proper amount of exercise every day is one of the best ways to keep your dog healthy. It is recommended that they get a minimum of 3 walks a day for at least 20 minutes to help fight obesity.
2. Behavior – There are no truer words than “a tired dog is a good dog”. Your pup is less likely to chew, bark, bite or potty indoors if he’s worn out from his walks. Finding an energetic, responsible dog walker to help release some of your pup’s energy will help avoid these destructive behaviors.
3. Peace of Mind- Hiring a dog walker to break up your dog’s day will give you the peace of mind in knowing that your dog is being cared for even when you’re not at home. If you need to stay late at work or go in early, you can rest easy with the knowledge that your precious pooch isn’t holding their bladder for 10 hours. This allows you to feel confident that you’re providing your pup a happy, enriching life.
4. Time- Who doesn’t lead a busy life these days? Long work days and commuting time plus carting the kids around to all their activities can make it difficult to give your dog the walks it needs. Schedules are hectic these days and carving out the time to devote to your dog can be really difficult. With a regular dog walker, your dog will still get the exercise and care they deserve (and need) and you get back some time in your day. Win/Win!
5. Stimulation- Your dog not only needs exercise, they need to have their senses stimulated by all the sights and sounds in the world outside their door. This stimulation can sometimes mean meeting new people or other animals out for their walks which can provide excellent socialization for your pups as well. We often take these spots in our days for granted but they can be the highlight of your dog’s day.
The reasons to hire a dog walker are many but hopefully I’ve made some of the benefits clear. Your Pet AuPair would love to CHAT with you about our affordable options and top-notch service in the Bel Air area to help you get the benefits a professional dog walker provides.
P.S. We aren't only in Bel Air; we provide our quality services in Abingdon, Forest Hill, Fallston, Darlington, Street, Whiteford, Churchville, and Dublin as well!